David is a Partner in Piper Alderman’s Employment Relations section and has over 30 years’ experience acting exclusively for employers and employer associations.
His practice covers all areas of employment and industrial relations laws which are of concern to employers and extends from strategic and defensive advice through to the resolution of litigation and disputes.
David can also provide specialist advice on issues relating to employment contracts, independent contractor arrangements, enterprise bargaining, redundancies, termination of employment, sale of business, work health and safety, discrimination and workers’ compensation. He regularly provides advice at Board level and to Senior Executives and Human Resources Managers.
David has been recognised on the Best Lawyers ® list for Labour and Employment Law and Occupational Health & Safety Law in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Australian Financial Review Client Choice Awards – ‘Most Client-Focused Lawyer’ – 2018 Finalist
- Best Lawyers® Australia – ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for Employment Law (Adelaide) – 2014
- Best Lawyers® Australia – ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for Occupational Health & Safety Law (Adelaide) – 2016
- Best Lawyers® Australia – Labour & Employment Law – Since 2013
- Best Lawyers® Australia – Occupational Health & Safety Law – Since 2014
- Doyles Guide – Preeminent Lawyer for Employment (Employer Representation), SA 2018
- Doyles Guide – Leading Lawyer for Employment & Industrial Relations, SA since 2013
- Doyles Guide – Leading Lawyer for Workplace Health & Safety, SA 2018
- Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards – Finalist for Workplace Relations and Employment Team of the Year – 2016 & 2017
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific – Recommended Lawyer for Labour & Employment Law – 2015 & 2018
Hear David speak at this year’s Legal & Risk Management Framework conference.